New Books 2013

Thankful

The library has celebrated our Veterans this past week with displays of books about soldiers from past wars. I especially like our book From Baghdad, with Love : a Marine, the War, and a Dog named Lava by Jay Kopelman and Melinda Roth (2006). Just the cover alone makes me smile. Once on the display table, it soon disappeared.

As we remember our veterans (past, present & future), let's be thankful for their sacrifice and courage. And speaking of thanks, Mrs. Gisch and I want to wish all of our staff and students a wonderful Thanksgiving break. I'm thankful for the time with my family and my own two dogs. I'm hoping for beautiful weather where we can get outside. Finally, I'm hoping everyone returns a little healthier and rested. Be safe and give someone you love a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment